Subject: Re: FLASH: soccer championships - test please
From: Mats Persson
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 07:37:26 +0100

London, Monday, May 1, 2000, at 6:01 pm

Hi Kalle,

>> 1. Your little 'click zone' over the heads of the footballers = too SMALL!
>> Make it bigger.
>
> I did this, to simulate the typical functionality of the "tip kicker". It
> would loose it´s typical character, if the body of the footballer would be
> clickable, don´t you think??

I see your point, but I just feel sorry for all those visitors coming in on
a Win PC with a dirty mouseball. They will have a problem hitting the right
spot. Have you ever tried a 'typical' home user Win PC mouse ? It's
frustrating to say the least.

I think you can keep the idea but just make the 'hotspot zone' around it a
bit bigger.

>> 2. Tried to look at the Swedish team (yeah, I'm patriotic) and ended up on
>> a screen which was virtually empty and confusing.
>
> Do you mean the screen with the bouncing ball?? Besides - I recognized, that
> the wrong file is loaded (you´ll the the German-Team :-))

Regards,

Mats
matsatimediatec [dot] co [dot] uk

Yes, I think your thinking there is too obscure and demands too much of the
visitor. Remember, most visitors want SIMPLE ways of navigating throughout
the web site, unless they are visiting an 'experimental' web site where they
are prepared for some exploration to take place.

The crosshairs/target thing that follows the mouse did mostly irritate me,
and filled no essential purpose in my mind. I may be wrong.

Try something like "kicking the ball" with the cursor (On Release) and then
see it open up into the names etc. Sort of reversal of your Europe map
animation.

As for the German team thing, well, hey that hopefully the closest they'll
get to being European champions. :-) Go, Sweden, Go!!

>> 3. Your stadium is too heavily jpged. Trace this image instead. It will
>> look better
>
> Yes, will try that, hope it will not increase the file-size.

Done right, this should SAVE you file size, not the other way around.

> Thanks Mats, for your comment.
>
> Regards Kalle

Anytime

Look forward to seeing the whole thing in it's finished form. Who's your
client ? and why ?? (Sorry, don't understand German, so I might have missed
it)

flasher is generously supported by...