Subject: Re: FLASH: Support/Flash and Quicktime (Matt W.)
From: Matt Wobensmith
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 19:11:16 +0100

Hi Michael -

You wrote:

>But how about the alpha settings not always working with an
>>embedded QT/Flash movie?

I'm not aware of what you're referencing. Could you send me more details?

All I can say at the moment is that QuickTime is one of many, many platforms that support Flash. MM did not make QuickTime nor Apple's implementation of Flash, so I can't necessarily make claims as to what their product does or doesn't do.

More info would be great, thanks.

Matt

---------------
Matt Wobensmith
Macromedia Tech Support
Flash Team Lead

----------
>From: owneratchinwag [dot] com (flasher-digest)
>To: flasher-digestatchinwag [dot] com
>Subject: flasher-digest V1 #2944
>Date: Sun, Apr 30, 2000, 4:36 PM
>

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:04:52 -0700
>From: "Michael@BTW" <mplistatbigtimeweb [dot] com>
>Subject: FLASH: Support/Flash and Quicktime (Matt W.)
>
>Thanks Matt. But how about the alpha settings not always working with an
>embedded QT/Flash movie? This is kind of a biggie, since on some browsers
>the flash track will show up as opaque, obscuring the video. In fact the
>whole technique of matching alpha settings in QT Player and the flash track,
>why there is sometimes a sprite track and a flash track and not others, and
>how to launch the flash/QT in the QT player is ignored entirely on
>support/flash (meaning its just enough information to get people in trouble
>but not near enough to get them out;-)...
>
>Will the actual techniques of getting Flash to work _reliably_ in QT be
>addressed in the future?
>
>Thanks!

flasher is generously supported by...