Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash making QuickTime--why so little support and development?
From: Damian Morton
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 05:31:26 +0100

Did you ever get a chance to look at Apple's SK8? A nice tool, and pretty
much self-hosting too!

That should be the first level requirement for any new media dev tool,
Self-hosting: The development tool should be written in itself. You should
be able to create work like a sculptor - by taking bits away until only the
essentials are left. You should also be able to customise the dev tool to
the extent that other interfaces arent necessary, like the interface of
Mozilla being created in Mozilla itself, only moreso, with vectors and video
sprites and 3d objects and database integration and, and, and, and.....

> From: owneratchinwag [dot] com [owneratchinwag [dot] com]On">mailto:owneratchinwag [dot] com]On Behalf Of Bryan
Rieger

> Yeah, 4.0's market share isn't great - it's going to take time..
> However, automation is possible using AppleScript with LiveStage Pro -
> they've also introduced the ability to create 'movie tools' that trigger
> AppleScripts allow you to extend the tool in which ever way you require.
> Great for automating tasks.
>
> > QT is a great tool. If only it had 90%+ market domination. I
> would love for
> > there to be a great multimedia tool that allowed for automated
> production
> > and covered all the media types with equal ease. Maybe Ill just have to
> > create one.
>
> I've been looking around for a new production tool for some time
> that frees
> me from Director's Lingo, while allowing me to integrate Flash
> and QuickTime
> assets. (I'm a designer, not a programmer - used to use mTropolis
> before it
> was canned). Since I've been doing so much QuickTime work I've
> started using
> iShell (http://www.tribeworks.com) to build my projects. Not as
> powerful as
> Director, but does the job - and it's free. ;-)
>
> In this market I wouldn't want to take the time to try and build
> a new tool.
> Mind you, the idea is kind of sweer, isn't it? ;-)

flasher is generously supported by...