Subject: Re: FLASH: pc software and virtual pc on mac?
From: Michael Greenberg
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 00:36:06 +0100

Hi michael,
I am a major Mac person myself and I think your last sentence hit the nail
on the head. I have had way too many issues Virual PC as well as Soft
Windows. I think the concept illustrates the coolness of the Mac and all
however using Flash and Director have been pure nightmarish in emulation.

My 2 cents,
Michael

> From: "Michael@BTW" <mplistatbigtimeweb [dot] com>
> Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:10:09 -0700
> To: <flasheratchinwag [dot] com>
> Subject: Re: FLASH: pc software and virtual pc on mac?
>
> Biggest problem with Virtual is video display, it uses Mac System Ram to
> emulate PC video. Thus, even with a fast Mac giving the equiv. processing
> power of 200-300mhz pentium, for any kind of video intensive app. like
> Swift, its much worse. For more text based apps. like office, etc. it is
> fine. However, folks have been finding ways to use a PC video card in a Mac
> PCI slot and getting very good results (can't recall where the articles are,
> I think MacFixit.com, and/or MacAddict had some articles describing this
> process.
>
> Personally, I got an eMachines for ~400$ that runs my PC programs and tests
> my files on.
>

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm a mac-user (for about twelve year as a graphic designer and the last
>> few years doing some web-design and since a few months trying to learn
>> Flash) and I read about all this software like Swift, Vecta3D, Swish
>> etc. which can only be used on pc. Is it stupid to ask if they work on a
>> mac while using Virtual PC? Does it work and if so can somebody give me
>> some more info about it?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>> Albert Deyaert
>> (no, not the king of Belgium, he probably has mac and pc both!)

flasher is generously supported by...