Subject: Re: FLASH: load movie action
From: Ilia Pasymansky
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:42:40 +0100

Hi Laura!
There is a nice example that you are pointing to., however it takes 3-4
second after the click to display the big image on the stage.. I would say
we need some kind of loader
because something should happen when your click on clickable area. otherwise
you just keep trying to click until something happening or leaving the
page(that what i do..)
Ilia
>Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:31:34 -0400
>From: "Laura Mollett" <lmollettatmindspring [dot] com>
>Subject: Re: FLASH: load movie action
I'm not quite sure what you're doing wrong with your target and can't look
at it closely right now (though someone will come up with some great
suggestions, I'm sure :) but the mc doesn't resize itself automatically. If
you want it to do that, you have to have the swf tell it's size to the mc.
There's an example (and downloadable fla) of movies loaded into a target and
changing sizes at http://portals.home.mindspring.com/popup/popup.html - feel
free to download it and look at how it was put together.

hth,
Laura
> One thing that I'm not to clear about is the notion of when a swf is
> successfully replaced how dose it resize the movie coming in. I understand
> that it takes on the properties of the movie clip it is replacing but
should
> I make the dimensions of the swf the same as the movie clip being replaced
> so that they line up?

-
-

flasher is generously supported by...