Subject: RE: FLASH: utilities to grab a web site
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 23:20:31 +0100

At 2:49 PM 5/19/0, Jason Bouwmeester wrote:
>Flash imports the swf that LiveMotion exports like crap. From the initial
>tests I tried I'd lose anywhere between 50-90% of the information of the
>swf. Apparently the explanation for this is that they both export to swf
>that is acceptable to be played with the existing Flash player, however due
>to differences in programming export the exported swf's do not import into
>the other program very well. Would be interesting though...

I do know there were problems reported with the LiveMotion beta's SWF
export (symbols, those "layer" thingies, mostly). I haven't downloaded the
1.0's trial version yet. Are you see problems in this SWF import? Could you
functionally describe which structures have problems? Or are you just going
by the beta's export too?

(And I'm assuming that these are problems that you don't see when importing
SWF from Flash, Swish, or other SWF-producing tools, but please advise if
this surmise is inaccurate, thanks in advance.)

(And btw, FreeHand imports multipage PDF and exports SWF... for the
to bulky to seriously consider.)

tx,
jd

flasher is generously supported by...