Subject: Re: FLASH: Keeboo - More?s
From: Nathan Dicken
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:07:20 +0100

Jeff,

I agree - with all the actions, the delays, and the starts and stops it
would take quite a while to develop that in Flash. Definitely possible
though...

The only way that you could export to Flash from Director is to create a
linear animation in Director and export that as a series of picts from
Director. You could then manipulate/crop/edit these as needed and bring
them into Flash, but in that case you're still dealing with a large number
of bitmaps in Flash which raises the file size significantly. Overall, I'd
recommend Director for this type of project. Have you had opportunities to
work much in Director before?

Nathan

>Thanks Nathan. I was looking at the number of actions required and
>thought... man, to hand draw all this stuff would take a LONG time in
>Flash. And as you say...

>That's why I thought it might be done in Director... but you can't export
>to Flash... Really? I thought you could.
>

>Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
>Flash and Web Design
>http://www.PetersonSales.net
>Tel & Fax. 724-458-7169
>
>ICQ 19112253

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com