Subject: FLASH: Re: Flash to Cold Fusion
From: Jason White
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 22:45:08 +0100

Chad,

That's the whole point/beauty of this. You can go without the
browser if you'd like.

1) You have to use the 'variables into location' and the location is
the script/app/CGI
2) Pick a level or target where you want the variable to go when it
comes back. I typically just use 0 cuz I haven't done much loading of
movies into various levels. Did it with a target once I believe. It's
all personal preference
3) Make sure the data comes back from the CGI (or whatever) in url
form-encoded format. (var1=value1&var2=value2)

You can have Flash sit in a while loop, or wait for user input and
store the variable(s) in the background whatever. I once set it to do
a while until the variable came back. Once the variable came back, it
would run through and if structure and fork accordingly.

Jason