Subject: RE: FLASH: ANN: Generator 2 (is: Gen intro)
From: Jefferis
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 02:16:04 +0100

On Tue, 23 May 2000 12:55:40 -0700, jdowdellatmacromedia [dot] com (John
Dowdell) wrote:

Thanks JD,

Yes it helps. I was thinking more along the lines of providing current
news banners or some such thing you can get with ASP. I think the next
step would be when I have a client with high enough volume and deep
enough pockets that they need continuously updated materials :-)

Jeff

>Actually, it's indeed closer to the latter... Macromedia Generator creates
>customized Flash files and other images on demand.
>

>The free 30-day trial of the Developer Edition is a good way to show
>clients how their sites can be *both* personalized and pretty... if you're
>already working with ColdFusion or ASP or other solutions then you can
>apply the same personalization to graphics that you're already doing to
>text.
>
>The Developer Edition can also be useful even if it's never installed on a
>server... it can be used as an automation tool for regular Flash design,
>where you need to merge data into files in a quick and easy way.
>
>Could be a couple of ways to use this new set of abilities... I hope the
>above background is of use in your work.
>

>jd

Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Flash and Web Design
http://www.PetersonSales.net
Tel & Fax. 724-458-7169

ICQ 19112253

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com