Subject: Re: FLASH: no border
From: Colin Moock
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 18:33:33 +0000 (GMT)

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>I thought it was just as simple as setting your margin tags to 0% in the
>body. THis worked for me and got rid of the frame around the swf. Also I
>have the embed and object params set to "showall".

The BODY tag has not always had "MARGIN" attributes so this technique
won't work in all browsers. SHOWALL is also more of a decision the
designer has to make for each movie than a catch-all way to avoid
browser gutters. Here's how I describe the options on my site:

"When embedding the movie, set the width, height, and scale for the
desired effect. Threre are a few options:

1.HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%" SCALE="EXACTFIT"
This combination forces every edge of your movie to the
edge of the browser, and distorts your movie to fit the aspect ratio
(proportion of height to width) of the browser.

2.HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%" SCALE="SHOWALL"
This combination fits the width or height of your movie
to the smaller of either the width or height of the browser. Your movie
will not be cropped or skewed to fit the browser window, but there will
be borders on either the top and bottom or right and left of your
movie.

3.HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%" SCALE="NOBORDER"
This combination adjusts either the height or width of
your movie to the larger of either the width or height of the browser.
When the dimensions of your movie do not match the dimensions of the
browser, your movie will be cropped on either the top and bottom or on
both sides. "

-Colin