Subject: Re: FLASH: a question..
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:46:46 +0000 (GMT)

Jim Curry wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to create a game for the holidays similar to a lite brite game in
> which a players can choose the color of a light they want to light up. I
> envisioned a series of buttonclips commanded to change colors and it works
> fine for one only. When I diplicate them I can't get more than one to use. I
> have named them all the same which is probably my problem.
> So the question is: Can clips or buttons have the same name in the same
> timeline? i was hoping to do this so my ation call to tell target could be
> simplified. Or do I need a fscommand?
> Hopefully I was clear enough to give you an idea of what I am aftre,
> Thanks for any insight here.
> JC

Jim,

YOur best bet would probably be making a MC for each color light. Then simply
pasting each MC(color) several times on the screen to make up the desired image.
YOu could then change the "instance" of each one to "target" with the button or
whatever device your triggering the light with. Maybe a "dummy" button over the
light itself.
It seems your jorney is an easy one, but I believe that idea would be the
simplest, considering file size and creation time.

Simply put, you only have, say; 4 or 5 MCs(blue,yellow,green,red). THe trick to
trigger them is in different "instance" names for the MCs. For example; green1,
green2, green3, red1, red2, etc.

-DG-