Subject: FLASH: Back to business - Flash and .htt in Win95
From: Bill Wagner
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 21:44:30 +0000 (GMT)

Well, the anti-Bill posts are about even with the pro-Bill private Emails I
have received, so at least I know people are interested in 'developing' with
Flash, but to get back to the business of Flash, I'd like to ask a question
of all the Wintel zealots out there.
Has anyone done any monkeying with the .htt files that come with the Windows
Active Desktop? They sit in your Windows\Web directory and, man, are they
cool. It is basically an HTML template with scripts and style sheets that
governs the look of Windows Explorer, and The My Computer and Control Panel
windows. It is possible to totally f**k with the way your computer looks
when you activate the 'View as Web Page' option. I have embedded some Flash
movies into mine that give me animated links to my favorite web sites and a
cool banner at the top of my right pane in Explorer. If anyone else is
interested in having the coolest looking computer in your office, give them
a look (just save a copy someplace else first) and start fiddling. If anyone
is really interested in this little gateway into the look and feel of your
OS, I might post a tutorial page and some sample .htt files. This is great
way to impress people with Flash.

P.S. the file and the windows they change are:
folder.htt - Explorer right pane
mycomp.htt - My Computer
controlp.htt - Control Panel (be careful with this one)
printers.htt - Printers

Bill Wagner
Media Coordinator
Power Test, Inc.