Subject: Re: FLASH: Can it be done?
From: Eric_R
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:29:20 +0000 (GMT)

Paul Hagwood wrote:

> In the flash file I am working on I had an idea but I don't know if it
> can be done. I have an animation running with buttons to get to
> different parts of the animation, blah, blah, blah
> What I want to do is have a help button. This help button would open up
> a text window with different text depending on what place you are at in
> the movie.

I would suggest creating a movie with the same amout of FRAMES as your main
movie has SCENES. In each frame is the text info for that scene. Make the
HelpMovie it's own symbol. Place it in a movie with one scene and name the
movie "help". Make sure that each frame in the movie symbol has a label,
and an action to STOP.

Then export that as help.swf

In you main movie, in the first frame of the first scene, LoadMovie
help.swf with level # 100

In the first frame of each scene make a layer for just your actions, and
make a keyframe with the action of TellTarget _level100/help GoTo label
"scene".

There is one thing I forgot. You'll have to make individual movie symbols
for the help.swf inside the HelpMovie, with a button in the scene of
help.swf, which will advance each movie so you can Hide/Show your text.....

If this does not make sense, or you need more help, email me privatly.

ER
erdesignaterols [dot] com