Subject: FLASH: Re: swf - table - ns2
From: Rob w, Current Marketing
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:31:07 +0000 (GMT)

Back when shockwave was first released for Director, you couldn't put shockwave files inside a table without the browser crashing. I would imagine that from your experience it would appear that it is a problem with the browser rather than the plug-in version (unless someone else has done this successfully, in which case ignore the previous statement). We get such little traffic from NS2 that we don't design for it, elitist technocrats that we are.

-- Rob

On Thu, Nov 12, 1998, 1:41:17 PM GMT flasher-digest wrote:

>There recently was a thread about Flash in tables, I
>know. For NS there has to be size settings in pixels,
>not in percent.
>
>I have set up a site
>
>http://www.zimm.ch
>
>and it keeps crashing NS 2. Everything is set in
>pixels, don't know why it crashes.
>
>There is a little swf file in the border of the TV
>screen. The border itself on this page consists of
>jpegs, so users without plugin can see the TV.
>
>Each time I put the swf file into the table somewhere
>on this page, NS 2 crashes.
>
>I am looking for a solution that users with NS 2 have
>access to the site.
>
>Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
>

>Mike
>

>Michael Stefan Krischker Web Architekt
>mskatmsk [dot] ch (mailto:mskatmsk [dot] ch)
>
>3 Dinge braucht eine erfolgreiche Website:
>http://www.msk.ch
>
>Einsteiger-Tips für Klein- und Mittelunternehmer:
>http://www.kmutips.ch

****
Robert Womack
New Media Director
CurrentMarketing
v.502.589.3567
f.502.586.6448
e [dot] rob_watcurrentmarketing [dot] com