Subject: FLASH: Davo's Flash tip of the day.(#13)
From: David Gary
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:38:59 +0100

Hiya Flashers,

Is it time for testing your Movies with embeded movie clips? DO you find that some
MCs arent working like you expected.

This little tip might help. Create an animated graphic called "framemeasure".
(I usually create it in it's own Fla file so I can drop and drag to use it for
testing other movies.) In this "framemeasure" symbol place number fonts in each
frame. EX: frame 1
type in the number 1, in frame "2" type in the number 2, and so on.

My personal one counts up to 800. Doesnt matter how high it counts. If you have long

MCs count higher. Now, create a (temp) layer in the top of the movie clip you want
to test. Then drag or copy and paste animated framemeasure symbol into this (temp)
layer.

Now when you watch the movies you can see the "framemeasure" symbol counting and you
can easily figure out why that little MC you spent all night on isnt acting right.

Note: dont make the framemeasure numbers black or white, since you might
use them to test other movies. Black and white are very popular background colors
and they might hide your "framemeasure" symbol.
I usually make mine some ugly color that I wouldnt use on a background. If it does
happen to blend in with the background of course you can always tune brightness.

-DG-