Subject: FLASH: Dissappearing graphic elements
From: Paulus Trisnadi
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:16:30 +0100

Hi all. I've been trying to solve this for awhile, but with no success. I
have a number of graphic elements that tween. The problem is that SOMETIMES
a graphic element is missing its content color, and SOMETIMES missing the
whole thing during tweening. If I select the element (by double-clicking
it, so that the process includes selecting the border) on the first
keyframe, then play it by dragging the timeline header, MAGICALLY
everything shows up just as I desired. So, I saved it, close the file, and
re-open it, only to discover the problem persist. When I make it into a
.swf file, the similar behavior dissappear from that object, but happens
elsewhere. I tried using BOTH motion tween AND shape tween, but it doesn't
solve the problem. What I really hate is that the problem doesn't seem to
be consistent, that is: I did the same thing/treatment from one graphic
element to another to another, yet the result is not the same. And, the
worst problem is that the original file was created by somebody else, and
now I have the responsibility to finish it.

Has anybody seen this problem, and probably solve it, too? HELP!!!

Thank you all!

Paulus Trisnadi <paulusatmonkey [dot] com (mailto:paulusatmonkey [dot] com)>

Interaction Engineer
MONKEYmedia - Austin & San Francisco
(512) 440-8000, 440-1050 fax
<http://www.monkey.com/>