Subject: Re: FLASH: Need Solution: Flash loads white before loading flash background
From: Rick Kasparek
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:21:04 +0100

Vanessa - using an IBM Intellistation (400Mhz) 128M RAM on a T3,
I get the white space as well... I'm using Communicator 4.07

just a suggestion from a newbie - what would happen if where you
normally place an alternate image for the swf, you placed a
1x1 pixel background-colored gif with <height> <width> equal to the
movie - would the browser see the gif first and load it prior to
the movie?