Subject: Re: FLASH: Need Solution: Flash loads white before loading flash background
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 18:44:12 +0100

Hi Vanessa,
A couple of thoughts; someone else might have an HTML solution. But first,
make your brown background a filled rectangular graphic in the lowest layer
in your Flash movie and when exporting to .swf make the movie load from
bottom up (which is the default). Second, if you have a lot of content in
the first frame, or if you're using "If Frame Is Loaded" to preload stuff,
put the background in the first frame and put everything else in the second
frame or later, so the background can load as efficiently as possible.
Third, set your movie background color to the brown (maybe you've already
done that but haven't done steps 1 and 2; it's often helpful to make your
background a graphic rather than relying on the movie background).

-Marc H.

At 08:16 AM 10/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have created a flash site with a brown background colour, and when you
click
>to load a movie, there is a white box where the movie will load for a
>couple of
>seconds before the movie loads it's specified background which is brown.
>Here's
>the link to my demo site to see:
>
><http://dbtest1.office.interlog.com:88/index.html>http://dbtest1.office.int
>erlog.com:88/index.html
>
>Click on subscription button and you'll see what I mean. How can I make it
>load
>a brown box instead of a white box?
>
>thanks for your help,
>
>Vanessa

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>