Subject: Re: FLASH: Today's Humor (was: Need Flashmaster ASAP)
From: Lulu
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:26:23 GMT

>Below is the response I got. As you
>can see, it's a pairing of glowing compliments and a request for lots of
>unpaid work with the prospect of some paid work for the lucky winner. Once
>upon a time, I would have taken him up on his offer. Now I submit it to
>you so you can be on guard for this sleeze.

<Marc: I was so disgusted by this guy's response I decided to do some
digging. Wasn't hard :) This guy is a real doofus. Check this out from
his (their website) -lulu:>

Services provided by Digicom Design:
Free Web Site Design / http://www.digicomdesign.com/yourbandname:

* Includes up to five pages about your band, custom graphics in the theme
you choose, 1 contact form with up to 10 fields, 2 one min. clips of your
music in MP3, Real Audio, or Wav format and up to 5 images scanned.
Hosting with Digicom Design is required and regretfully, not free of
charge, but it is cheap! You will only pay $25.00 per month for the
hosting of your free site. You will also receive up to 1 hour of free
text or graphics work per month as well as tech support.

<Hold on it gets better:>

9-1-98 - We are currently talking with a record company and may possibly
sign a contract with them for recording and distribution! At this time I
can't let the "cat out of the bag", as far as which label it is. The wish
to remain anonymous for right now. If we sign it will be in the next 3-4
weeks after our lawyers review the contracts and give us the OK on all
the legal stuff. After that we will be in the studio in less than 90 days
to start recording the new CD. There will be a few of the old songs on it
as well.

(Do I have to editorialize? I think it speaks for itself --lulu >

if you want to check out more juicy bits go to:

http://www.lucidmind.com