Subject: Re: FLASH: Export Image to .AI
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:23:47 GMT

At 3:17 PM 10/27/98, Marc Hoffman wrote:
>I have a problem using "Export Image" to Illustrator format. I have a logo
>I want to export but the Flash export muddies the colors and some of the
>fonts revert to ariel, plus the typeface is too big. IOW, it's useless.
>Any suggestions?

The changing of colors is likely due to a switch to CMYK colors.
Background: Illustrator added RGB color support only very recently, and so
the majority of AI files have been CMYK only. Now that newer versions of
Illustrator can work in more than one color space, import/export filters
will be able to start to take advantage of these common abilities.

Best I could suggest right now, if using an existing export filter in ILL8,
would be reapplying an RGB-based color in the destination environment.

For type, if this is extensive body type, then it may be useful to use
stylesheets in the destination application to change the appearance. (If
Illustrator 8 doesn't have text styles yet, then I believe you can use its
eyedropper to assign text properties.) If the text is instead an inherent
part of the logo, then breaking the text in Flash should mean that the .AI
file receives just curves as information.

Do these hunches seem pertinent to that situation over there...?

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/
Luscious web graphics: http://www.macromedia.com/software/fireworks/