Subject: FLASH: RE: Site Check . . . and any thoughts . . thanx to all
From: Daniel Votino
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:46:42 +0100

http://www.flashbrothers.com/wyn

Thanx for all your comments on the site above. Yes the the windows
shaking was a javascript with different variables sent for the contact
link vs. the other ones. You just send a command from flash i.e.
<javascript:tremble(1)> triggering the script on the html page the flash
is embedded in. unfortunately it doesnt look as good in netscape. see
script example below.

Someone named Wes mentioned a better way to protect the Sound Canvases
by: "loading a variable text file from the server before playing". I
would very much like to hear this explained in greater detail so as to
implement it if someone has the time. Someone asked about a toggling
thing for sound canvases. its there at the bottom now . . "disable
sound canvases"

Someone else asked about "Space Jimmy of the Manna Music Group". Space
Jimmy is a studio guy we have here with great ears and immense amounts
of musical creativity. He's always open for a challenge or the making
of a hypnotic loop. Email him at jamesatflashbrothers [dot] com if youd like
to yack at him more about that stuff. Hes a great guy, kinda shy and
was flattered beyond recognition with all your positive feedback. =)

Word from the client was . .
"let's publish it, what are we wainting for . . oh yeah the rest of the
content . . " hehe
anyway they dont seem to mind the dark setting and they were definitely
wanting something "way out there" so, it turned out good. Someone
mentioned not to do the remainder of the site in HTML as if it were an
afterthought. We agree . . we're looking forward to doing the rest of
the site in flash.

btw: got the flash chat working . . keeping track of guests online and
clearing only the chat room locally rather then the entire servers log.
also the server doesnt send everything to the chat room every time. less
overhead. thanx to DrTusk.

if i missed a q . . email me offlist . . ill be happy to talk with ya.
Wes, if youre out there email me =)
Thanx again for all your comments, once again, you all are a wonderful
resource. we couldnt flash without ya!

~d

tremble script:

<!-- Begin
netscape = (navigator.appName == "Netscape");
n4 = netscape && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4);
explorer = (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer");
ie4 = explorer && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4);

function tremble(n) {
if (n4 || ie4) {
for (i = 4; i > 0; i--) {
for (j = n; j > 0; j--) {