Subject: Re: FLASH: One more try. HELP PLEASE
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:18:49 +0100

Try loading the movie clips with their absolute URL
(eg. http://www.yourdomain.com/moviename.swf).

It sounds like, for some weird reason, that the files are
not being accessed from the correct path, so an absolute
path should fix it. Make sure that you can load the
SWFs into your browser individually by typing those
URLs into your browser, to insure that you have the
correct URLs.

The main SWF won't work on your hard drive any
more, of course, but it should be okay on the web site.

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com
gcainesatneometrixsystems [dot] com

> Hi All,
>
> Not trying to be a pest, just hoping my first post was over looked. I'm
> really up a creek. Does anyone have a clue or a direction for me to try
> and pursue?
>
> I have a main flash movie called (logo), which after it runs the first
> scene it loads the movie main into level one, then goes to the second
> scene, were it encounters a stop and the second movie is now running on
> top of logo. The second movie (main) has buttons to go to other movies.
> This works
> perfectly on my hard drive (all movies are in the same folder as the
> .html page. I move them to my server and I only get the first movie
> (logo) to run. It never loads or runs the second movie(main). I've read
> all through the help file (always a lot of help ;). I can't find any
> reference as to why the second movie doesn't load on the server, but it
> works correctly on my hard drive. Again on the server, all of the .swf's
> are all in the same folder as they are on my hard drive.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanx in advance.
> JRS

> John R. Sweeney Jr.
> Interactive Multimedia Developer

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list