Subject: Re: FLASH: duplicate and resize troubles
From: Randy Kato
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:45:24 +0100

Kristoff,

This is how duplicate works. It duplicates the original clip. So if you make
changes to the properties of an instance of that clip, then duplicate it, the
changes you've made won't carry through.

What you can do is use the variables for _xscale and _yscale to resize the
new/duped instance immediately after duping it.

If you want all your duped instances to match each other, name them sequentially
and use a loop to run through the instance names to set them all according to
those common variable values.

Or if you want all of them to be adjustable individually, make that pop-up menu
a MC within the duped MC with local variables. Then have it target _parent.

HTH,
Randy

--
Randy Kato - Web Master

627 Broadway, Suite 504, NYC 10012
T 212.539.1680 F 212.539.1741
http://www.braincraft.com

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list