Subject: Re: FLASH: How to open a PC fla on a Mac.
From: DRMRLPLS
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:50:28 +0100

John.

Thanks. I had missed that earlier post script. I've tryed all of those
methods. this file just won't open. I don't know of any OLE objects in
these files. I didn't create these files we had them developed overseas and
I've only done postproduction work on the PC for them. When they wouldn't
open at all, I tried copying every scene one at a time into a fresh movie by
copying and pasting frames. I thought this might kill some objects that were
bad. I thought wrong. I did trim my lobrary by 2 MB, but the files still
won't open.

I've had the Mac techs working on this for weeks and they can't figure out
what to do. Is there a way to check for OLE objects. What might they be??
Everything seems to be Flash created vector art and imported sounds. what do
I look for and how can I tell if it's corrupt?

Thanks,

Andrew

In a message dated 10/16/00 4:19:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jdowdellatmacromedia [dot] com writes:

<< At 8:53 AM 10/16/0, DRMRLPLSataol [dot] com wrote:
>this is not what I meant. I'm sorry I guess I assumed everyone remembered
my
>last email. I open PC files and the Mac every singe day. This particular
>problem is with a PC file that won't open no matter what you do. On certain
>Mac computers it gives an error message about elements created with the
>Microsoft version and that it couldn't open the file. I don't think this
>issue has ever been addressed here other than a reference to a piece of
>software called Flashtyper or flatyper, which I've heard does not work for
>this particular problem.

If you're talking about one particular file that acts differently than
others, then it might help to examine that one particular file.

If you're actually seeing some type of message about something with
Microsoft, then I might wonder about whether you embedded an OLE element in
that particular file. That's just a guess on my part, though, because
online we can't tell anything about that particular file, and can't even
see the error message you're referring to.

(If you instead mistyped above, and the intended question is closer to
"What might cause many files to be difficult to open on another platform?"
or "What might cause one particular file to be able to be opened
some-but-not-all times on another platform?" or some combo like that, then
I'd defer to the previous general information already posted here.)

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list