Subject: FLASH: Rotations
From: Ricardo Madrazo
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:55:14 +0100

>How do you get those smooth rotations of large objects in the background
>(for example: http://www.el-tecolote.com/4.0/ )
>I wanted to rotate a star-object and it doesn't go smoothly.
>I made an animated object, Tweening Motion, Rotate 3 times ...

Papp,

The gears you see on our website are movie clips that loop constantly and
very slowly. One rotation takes up 100 frames (on the large gears further
into the site). On the smaller gear in the preloading movie, it's a
rotation in 40 frames.

Like Reinis said, those things gotta move very slowly..... otherwise it's
choppy and you can't appreciate a rotation in either direction.

Saludos,

Ricardo Madrazo
--------
Tecolote Digital
madrazoatel-tecolote [dot] com (mailto:madrazoatel-tecolote [dot] com)
http://www.el-tecolote.com
(525) 530-1870
(525) 639-8460 fax