Subject: FLASH: EMERGENCY: NEED HELP WITH DATABASE
From: Dickinson (Marcus)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 18:11:56 +0100

Hi there. As an avid Flash 4 user, I have been trying to convince our
company to use this as our interface for revision 2 of our product. I
finally got a yes, sort of. I have until Friday to show them that Flash can
export variables to a database, have that database run a function on those
variables, send some new variables to Flash, and have Flash display that
information. We are using Netscape Enterprise Server (don't ask me why).

The "I know how to"
Make variables, pass variables to text file or html or ASP

The "I have no clue"
Pass variables directly into a database
Retrieve variables from a database
Display those variables in an already existing movie.

We are an online flight ticket purchasing type of company. So the breakdown
is this
1.User enters city of origin, where they are going, and the date
2. That info is passed to the database, where a search is conducted more
mathcing flights
3. That info is passed currently to a server side Javascript that sorts them
by price, and other criteria, then creats the HTML that appears in a
separate frmae from the original

so
How do I get Flash to load a movie onto itself dispalying this info????

Please help me, as this will give me job security for another year, thanks.