Subject: Re: FLASH: Newbie Needs Guidance .. Sound Help
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:41:27 +0100

At 11:40 PM 9/1/99 -0400, you wrote:

> Hi All,
> Im new to the group, well, new to posting anyways. I am looking for a
> tutorial or help from anyone here as to make sounds in flash 4, such as mouse
> overs, or just in general. I have a small movie i just made, my first one to
> be honest, and it needs some sounds... I am sure its all too easy, but all
> the tutorials i have seen thus far have left me hanging... Thanks for the
> help.
>
> -Nick Hird

Hi Nick,

There are three parts to this:
1) Creating or locating sounds. The Flash library has several to get you
started.
2) Importing the sounds into Flash. These must be Windows PCM Wav or Mac AIFF
format.
3) Inserting the sounds into a frame in a timeline. The manual is quite good at
explaining the Sound Dialogue box in Frame Properties.
4) Selecting sound compression settings for export, either individually (each
sound) in the library, or in the Export Movie dialog. We can help with this.

Where do you need more help?