Subject: FLASH: Generator 2 con't
From: Jefferis
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:15:05 +0100

flasher-digest

>A Generator based solution if correctly implemented reduces the type of
>maintenance you are talking about. It's template based paradigm enables
>it to be extremely flexible, and introduces a level of automation that
>can cover most situations. Content generation is truly dynamic with
>Generator and not quasi or pseudo dynamic like you can do with Flash
>only based solutions.
>So if your clients site requires continuous content update this is one
>of the best answers you can give him. The increased initial cost it
>implies is quickly absorbed by reduced maintenance costs.
>
>The above is based on my own experience so you might find other
>opinions. I think Macromedia has some test cases on it's site that may
>give you further insight into this matter.
>You might also try and talk with Ceri Smith from Macromedia Generator
>Sales who will help you more than I certainly can.
>
>Nigel

Can we apply this to a business web site as an example? Your templates,
something like Amazon, perhaps, has a basic header and sidebar layout,
but each time a visitor comes, based upon their ID or cookie, the pages
come up with specific recommendations for books in the same category as
last purchased, click through ads appear down the right side of the page,
etc... all directed at the real time viewing of the client? Or is this
not really what Generator is for and that is some other magic?

Jeff

Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Peterson Sales
Web Design and Marketing