Subject: Re: FLASH: begging for help: Publishing and mailto problems
From: Jim Hatlo
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 07:18:59 +0100

At 12:42 AM -0400 9/3/99, Keenwittedataol [dot] com wrote:
>John,
>
>Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, the MAC IE browser is not my problem. I have a
>PC and use IE or Netscape with a DSL line. I sent another email explaining
>the problem with more details. Something eludes me completely. I never had
>such problems with Flash 3. Will use Dreamweaver as another way to publish
>and see what happens.
>
>Any insight is welcome,
>
>Cloe

Cloe -- You're using Aftershock with Flash 4? I haven't made the upgrade
yet myself (still finishing a long project with 3, and don't want to upset
any process applecarts), but at the Seybold Expo yesterday I was pleased to
hear that Aftershock isn't _needed_ with version 4. As I understand it, you
create the host HTML page directly from within Flash 4, using the Publish
menu selection. See what happens if you forget Aftershock and try that,
instead.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, then experiment with your
Aftershock settings. I recall having unexpected behavior with my .swf files
when I first started using Aftershock, and changing the settings fixed it.
Sad to say, it's been a year and I don't remember which tab section (or
combinations thereof) was the culprit. You may be getting a blank white
placeholder GIF in lieu of your movie. Sorry I can't offer more specific
advice.

Good luck,

Jim Hatlo
Cisco Systems