Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 4: getting an object to rotate
From: MunchkinsDad
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 02:04:33 +0100

Thanks a mill!!
MunchkinsDad

In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
--Akiro Kurosawa

----- Original Message -----
From: John Croteau
To: flasheratshocker [dot] com
Sent: Friday, September 03, 1999 4:40 AM

Hi MunchkinsDad,

> I am trying..(with much anguish!!) to make an animated circle go
> around a button I used motion tween and put the circle in the
> motion area and it completes the motion fine but when i go to
> view it it makes a circle motion in front
> of the button rather than around it.
Layer positions are absolute. They can't change so your objects must.
You most probably can divide your tween into two parts one above the
item you want to circle and one below. At the points you want to divide
the top from the bottom insert keyframes and tween.

Say the animation is from 1 to 40 and the top half should end at frame
20 then put a key frame in frame 21 first. then put a keyframe in frame
20. Move both frames 21 and 40 to a new layer below the center object
and tween between them. If you selected the right points and layers -
voila!! otherwise try again (hopefully you will understand now).