Subject: Re: FLASH: embedding a font
From: 2Nerotik
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:53:43 +0100

Thanks John, you're my tormentor.... ummm I mean mentor. J/K

But thanks that was a piece of info I wanted to know as well, I guess when I
first tried it I had it set to not supply the font outlines and as I use
Fontlister rather
than having all my fonts installed the font didn't show up when I tried the
swf file
with out it (Fontlister) loaded up.

And look forward to more info on Action Scripts at Flash Bible.

I noticed as well for Get & Set properties that you have the same info I
was giving
out on using variables and set property rather than motion tweens.

Very useful what you have there but maybe you could elaborate for me. What
others
besides rotate use negative numbers ?

ie. rotate 0 t0 180, -179 to 0. Does Scaling work this way as well ?

Say I wanted to make an image look like it's spinning on it's axis by
scaling (stretching) it
then scaling it back in and then have the symbol appear backwards as it
scales out again.

Can I do this with the Set properties or do I have to actually flip the
symbol with the transform
tool ?

At 04:50 PM 9/24/99 -0400, John Croteau wrote:
>Hi Deanna,
>
> > How in the world do I embed a font? Does it do it automatically when you
> > publish? I've looked all through the help and the menus but without
> > success.
>Font shapes are included with all regular Flash fonts and with Textfield
>fonts if they have Include shapes selected.
>
>Textfield text when include shapes is not selected do not supply shapes
>and require the user to have the exact font on their machine unless you
>select one of the designated device fonts (_sans, _serif or
>_typewriter). You should normally use one of the designated device fonts
>when using textfield without shapes included.
>
>The designated fonts (_sans, _serif and _typewriter) use fonts on the
>users computers.
>
>--
>Coming Soon Flash 4 Web Animation F/X and Design
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576105555/flashcentral

.oOo.