Subject: Re: FLASH: RE: button inside a button
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:52 +0100

At 12:27 PM 9/24/99 , you wrote:
>Hi everybody, I am trying to create a drop-down menu from a button.
>I made a button called "Menu" and placed a button "Locations" inside this
>button "Menu".

Buttons cannot contain other buttons. The type of menu you want can use a
movie clip, with higher level buttons sending the clip to later frames
where lower level buttons are present. This is Flash3 technology. In Flash4
you can use the Visible property (see the Widgets in the Flash4 library)
and you won't have to put things on a movie clip timeline.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com).
My Flash Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)