Subject: Re: Sound problems FLASH: wav's in flash coming out all crackled up when loaded to server
From: Paul Hagwood
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:04:31 +0100

--- Kailash Pardasani <pcatsjds [dot] net> wrote:
> I still haven't received a reply from anyone on this
> matter, after my last
> msg on what I did.
> Woudl apprec the help :)

I don't have a solution, but I've also had problems
with sound in Flash. I also noticed the sound was
crackled but it only happened on a PC. The same file
on a Mac sounded beautiful. So what is up with that?
Also I tried to put a sound into a movieclip and use
it as a "loading..." clip and the sound went wacko!!
I've also had sounds that play at wierd times, I found
that putting sounds or animation in the first frame in
a movie clip is not good. Once I took the sound out of
the first frame I didn't have them play at strange
times anymore. However I never got the sound to work
for the preload movie.

Have you tried running your file on a Mac and seeing
if the sound is better? Perhaps it is a setting for
Netscape on the PC? But if anyone has a solution it
would be great to know!

=====