Subject: FLASH: shopping cart interfaces
From: [ . Raskolnikov ]
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:33:37 +0100

>as far as the shopping cart goes I think there is a tutorial on that In the
>Flash Magic 4 book. Slightly out of date, but I bet the techniques would
>work the same.

Thanx for the tip, I'd like to find the info without $trings attached.. but
if worse
comes to worst, that will be very valuable.

The whole reason I need something like this is to put the inventory of my
friends record store onto their webpage, and since I don't want to learn
perl script or API stuff I figured flash would be the easiest bet.. but
probably
the least versitile.

just some add note questions about this subject:

1) is flash 4 very suited for this, or should I upgrade to flash 5 before
starting
into this (I'm not sure if the new version has any added features that would
make the interface better.. does it?).

2) Can somebody point me towards a site that utilizes flash for this
purpose...
I'd like to see it in action before I choose this for the best direction.

3) a very obvious problem hit me while in the shower earlier today, what
about
the database? Is it a realistic possibility to make a flash site with a
user side searchable (and administrator updatable) database of information?

for the site I'm outlining I need to have the customers

a) be able to search for their product by artist/title/label
b) be able to update this information weekly

[and]

c) have an interface with a shopping cart and checkout function

if flash isn't capable of doing this, what programs would I need to realise
this? I know only basic javascript, but am willing to learn what I need to
complete this assignment (mainly to learn it.. the pay isn't that great ;)..

if this isn't the best forum for this question, could you please tell me of
another that might be.

(:: me.

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list