Subject: Re: UKNM: Favourite stats analysis software
From: Robb Masters
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:53:22 +0100

"Colborne, Giles" wrote:
[snip]
> Chatting to ABC Electronic, they say that WebTrends and UsageAnalyst are the
> packages they see most often when they're auditing stats.
>
> THE QUESTION IS...
>
> What do you use? Why do you like it?

WebTrends is ok. It makes some assumptions to create figures for "user
sessions", etc. While these assumptions are rather dubious, they're becoming
the norm.

However, even the very latest version of WebTrends doesn't give you a
total number of users (or hosts, IP addresses, or any other "equivalent").
I see this as a fundamental flaw.

I haven't used it myself yet, but NetTracker looks good. Demo at
http://www.sane.com/demo/NetTracker/web/index.html

Regards,

Robb
--
Robb Masters rmastersatredkite [dot] com
Project Manager