Subject: RE: UKNM: Data on On-Site Games and traffic
From: Chetan Damani
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:57:59 +0100

most Web games are designed to be completed only once, people dont return
time and time again to play these games..most play it once, just for fun no
body expects you to trade in your quake/play station for these net games.

I think that most games on the web, are there as you mentioned for branding,
now a days its hard to find a movie site without a game accociated with it.
I have also noticed that games are usually used on sites where users are
unlikely to come back again and again, they are used by companies to keep
people there as long as possible on there first visit and probably last
visit. e.g a movie site.

Another reason people have games is to show of there talent, skills.

Then you get the cool games as mentioned fantasy football leagues etc, these
bring in the community value, they are solely working because of the number
of people interacting with them.

You have to take into account that these web based games are secondary to
the real content on the site, something to do while your surfing/browsing
there site.