Subject: RE: UKNM: Tell me it's not SPAM
From: ?
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:26:57 +0100

Hello its Rich_BaileyatYahoo [dot] com Jude (a friend in the same company) sent me
this which he found on a US site (HE DID NOT WRITE IT) ..."*************

The passage of a landmark anti-Spam bill by the U.S. House of
Representatives by a vote of 427 to 1 left me with one major question. Who
the heck was that one Congressman who voted against it?

It ends up it was Texas Republican Ron Paul (http://www.house.gov/paul/).
Wow -- someone who actually likes Spam! I guess that means we're all welcome
to email him at rep [dot] paulatmail [dot] house [dot] gov (even though he doesn't publish it
on his website) to tell him what we think about that vote.

Heck, while we're at it, I'm sure he'd love to hear about our business
opportunities, ponzi schemes, environmental causes, get-rich-quick schemes
and great consumer products :)
"************

So I wrote this...******
"I like Spam."*******

And got this reply...************

"Thank you for contacting the office of US Representative Ron Paul. This
auto-response is intended to inform you that we have received your message.
Congressman Paul greatly appreciates the input of all those who take the
time to voice their opinions.

If you did not include a postal address in your original message, please
re-send it with your complete postal address. Due to the high volume of mail
received in this office, most responses must be limited to constituents of
the 14th District of Texas. However, all messages are valued and comments
noted.

Additional information can be obtained by visiting Congressman Paul's
website at the following address:
http://www.house.gov/paul/

Again, we appreciate your taking the time to contact this office and hope
you will continue to do so regarding issues of concern to you.

With best regards,

The Office of Congressman Ron Paul
203 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
202-225-2831
Internet: http://www.house.gov/paul
E-mail: rep [dot] paulatmail [dot] house [dot] gov
"***********

Questions
1.) Do you think I sent him Spam?
2.)Do you think that was fair?
3.)Does anyone think that was the real e-mail address?

Me personal view is that I like Spam sometimes. It is like the pizza offers
you get through the door in my eyes, 9 times out of ten its no use and then
just once in a while bang! Its just right and they deliver (sits back and
waits for the hate mail). In the really world of snail mail royal mail send
out millions and millions letters each year to people who hate junk mail.
This mail to be a waists trees and energy resources where as targeted Spam
is a one second download. Maybe it is the paper mail that needs action and
the Spam which needs clear rules.