Subject: Re: UKNM: Lord save us from tampax banners on the web....
From: Tim Hayward
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 11:43:18 +0000 (GMT)

I once had the unmitigated delight of working with an agony aunt (who
must remain nameless) on a gameshow. At one point, during a recording
break some shrimp dicked little nonentity in the audience yelled out...

"Oi, C*a*re. What are the wings for?"

A look of utter bored exhaustion crossed her face before she calmly
replied...

"To wrap around your fucking head you, you little turd".

Audience, cast and crew were reduced to stunned silence.

I find myself recalling this simply because I wish I had a similarly
effective put down for this strand.

Women menstruate - the products they require are marketed. Get over it.

If you need an argument, argue about why VAT is charged on sanpro
products.

This strand has confirmed my suspicion that most of the New Media
industry will be vastly improved once they've been through puberty.

Jo wrote:

> > Perturbed - not particularly - but hacked off at the price of them.
> >
> > It's outrageous that we have to pay for the bloody things (!) anyway let
> > alone suffer higher costs to pay for all the advertising.
>
> It's the attempts at differentiation in the 'feminine hygiene' market that
> get me. Wings are something that should be confined to birds, or
> aeroplanes.
>
> The potential for shockwave-enhanced product demonstrations on the web
> could be frightening...
>
> > Ruth Phypers
> > WorldWide Web Services
> > 01784-898989