Subject: Re: UKNM: Breathe
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:02:23 GMT

>>>>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/15354.html<<<<

I can remember seeing the advert before a film. I think it was
'Gladiator', I'm not sure. Anyway, it was very nice to look at, had some
extremely ugly models, and finished with the incomprehensible slogan
'Mobile internet on any network'.And, after having spent the last six
months being bombarded with the Boo.com advert (were we supposed to laugh
at the dweeby-looking basketball players, or cheer them on?) I sat there
thinking 'this is going to fail'. And now that it is I feel immensely
pleased with myself because I like to watch things fall apart.

The 'modern urbanist' thing:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/11556.html
was extremely amusing, too.

I know it sounds like the old 'eat less, exercise more' thing, but is the
key to building a brand to have a really good product, market it as best
you can, and wait? Breathe, and a lot of other internet startups, seem to
skimp on the first thing, spend millions on the second, and not wait at
all. It's like the pop charts - if you aren't number one immediately,
you're finished.

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/