Subject: RE: UKNM: Broadvision
From: Tomski
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:59:08 GMT

>In our experience, if you can't see BroadVision sites delivering anything
>different to those driven by any other technology, it's because many
>customers use only a fraction of the product's capabilities - much of the
>functionality is lying dormant ready for implementation at a later phase
>once the customer organisational strategy has moved forward to cope with the
>extra dimension that a BroadVision solution can deliver.

aka: large up front cap-ex in return for very very basic immediate
functionality , then sit there and pray that your business model develops
over the next few months/years to encompass loads of hidden bv
functionality *on which you've already spent a fortune *

guess you just gotta hope that the "extra Broadvision dimension" matches
the future needs of your customers... dunno about you, but i've learned to
be mighty suspicious of "compelling business-changing visions" from vendors
who share no risk.

spend the money instead on superb customer service, an ongoing iterative
process of user interface development and high-quality user tracking tools
(anyone used accrue? rocks my little world...)