Subject: Re: UKNM: Telehosting
From: Severina Publications
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:40:10 GMT

I have to disagree i'm afraid.

6 weeks ago we asked GX Netowrks to transfer our existing leased line to our
new premises and asked THEM to guve US a date we could move.

They gave us the date of 11th Feb - we decided to play it safe and move on
the 18th.

Contracts were exchanged, phone calls made to verify that the 18th would be
ok, everytime we were told yes the 18th would be no problem.

Come the 17th, we call them to ask when we could expect to see the BT
engineer, as he had been in at 8am to fit 7 phone lines, but still no sign
of the line for the net connection, to be told that they didn't have a date
as it hadn't been booked with BT yet!

They confirmed they knew we were moving on the 18th and knew we needed the
line as we are a solely Internet based company, but didn't know why the line
hadn't been booked.

Bad enough, but it gets better, believe me.

On the 18th we proceed to move house, unplugging our router at 2am on said
date.

At 2-30am we get a phone call from them asking why our router was unplugged
and explain the situation.

Emails were sent (which we ovb couldnt pick up as our computers and
everything were on a removal van) asking us why we had unplugged our router.

A BT engineer was sent to our property to find out why our router wasnt
working.

At 9am this monring I called the offices of GX networks to be told they knew
nothing of our move, or our problems.

At 10am they call us to say they have BT engineers at our premises and we've
moved! (cos hey i didn't know we'd moved)

They want to know:

1) why havent we told them we're moving
2) why did we unplug the router (duh - cos we moved)
3) why we havent ordered a new line

well:

1) we did - many, many times
2) becasue we moved
3) we did, you just havent done it

So i'm afraid i wouldn't recommend GX to anyone, unless you have enough
staff to do the chasing for you!

Nikki Pilkington
Severina Publications
Because Internet Marketing Is More Than Just Great Design
http://www.severina.co.uk infoatseverina [dot] co [dot] uk (mailto:infoatseverina [dot] co [dot] uk)
Tel: +44 (0)1908 605115/675070 Fax: +44 (0)1908 692555
ICQ: 9330127