Subject: RE: UKNM: dotcom advertising - or PR?
From: Anne Holland
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:03:34 +0100

General research means diddly-squat when it comes to a particular company.
It depends on your product, your price point, your story and your
marketplace.

You got a me-too ecommerce solution or new site? Go to the back of the PR
line. Reporters on both sides of the "pond" are dot-commed out.

You got a highly targeted, niche product or service? Banners and ads in
ezines could do wonderfully for you. Yes "general" consumers don't click
anymore on "general" banner ads. But niche, vertical banners are going very
strong. It's just not as sexy a story so you don't see as much in the media
on it.

If marketing and PR were so easy that you could get good advice in a
"general way", then they wouldn't pay marketers so much, now would they?

OK, that was a rant. But honestly, I'm a bit fed up with people who think
they can get easy marketing strategy answers. It's like saying "Oh golfing
is simple, you just swing the club right?"

Anne Holland, Publisher
annehatmarketingsherpa [dot] com
202.232.6830
Get new marketing Case Studies every week!
http://www.MarketingSherpa.com
Practical news for Internet marketers & advertisers