Subject: Re: UKNM: @NY EXTRA -- Agency.Com in Merger [Who are Omnicom?]
From: kahlil garbo
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 15:22:41 +0100

---Mike Bracken <braxatdircon [dot] co [dot] uk> wrote:
> And who are Omnicom when
> they're at home.
[snip]
> God, this place would be a lot better off with some decent new media
> journo's, you know...

<DROLL TYPE="sardonic, world-weary">
You said it, mate.
</DROLL>

Omnicom are a giant US company who are very strong in communications -
they own the ad shops TBWA, BBDO, DDB Needham and DAS (Diversified
Agency Services) which is a global network of companies in the
advertising and marketing field - companies like Interbrand (corporate
identity), Premier Magazines (contract publishing), BMP Interaction (I
think, not sure - could Ross Sleight confirm?) The aim being that the
hundreds of DAS companies can between them cater for all requirements
without excessive duplication.

Their Communicade division is the arm that has aquired agency.com,
Online Magic and Think New Ideas - building Communicade up is why
they've been gobbling up the new media industry Godzilla-stylee.
Personally, I'd rather it was them than someone like iXL who are just
into aquisition for the hell of it (or so it seems).

Check out http://www.premiermags.co.uk/about_us/omnicom.html for more
info, Mike.

BTW, as I seem to know more about the industry than Mike Bracken, I
think this may be time to chuck in my four year career as a lowly
multimedia author and project manager and become a journo who posts to
e-mail lists in the name of 'research'. Any editors out there care to
make me an offer? ;)

Sajid Mohammed