Subject: Re: UKNM: The 'free' in free ISP now a commodity
From: Geoff Inns
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:41:08 +0100

Freeserve have got it spot on - they are benefit selling, telling people
what they can actually achieve using the Net in a way they recognise and how
it relates to their everyday lives. The days of the emphasis on the 'free'
are over - it's selling what you can do in a brand you can relate to (tie up
with Dixons).

Similarly, the giveaway of digital TV hardware is all the sweeter given the
previous marketing campaigns centred on what they actually provide you with.

Geoff Inns
Business Development Manager
Guardian Unlimited
3 - 7 Ray Street