From: Matt Jones-ONLINE
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:43:35 +0100

> And before you know it, this gap between content value and
> content production cost means we leap up and say "I know,
> lets support it
> by advertising".

or a licence fee... ;-)

> I have always supported the fact that content has a value and
> in certain cases, consumers should pay for it. Examples off the top of
> my noddle where content has a price value include:
>
> (i) Speed of delivery - where content needs to be
> delivered quickly (i.e. real time stock prices for milli second trading), content has a value.
> (Interesting that real time stock prices, although falling in
> value to $5 for as much as you can eat, still (to my knowledge) are charged.

ross- is this content or the "service" you're paying for... speed,
expediencency, editorial filtering, etc. i would say are services, and while
maybe it sounds like a fussy distinction, i think it's an important one to
realise in terms of what people'll pay for.

give people some real value they can feel, rather than another pa newspipe
squirted through a template with some links to amazon...

yaddayaddayadda

jones out xxx