From: tristan
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:24:49 +0100

Sorry to be a pedant Leslie :-), but your statement,

<Yes you can get free Net access via Freeserve, Virgin et al, but for a
business you really wouldn't want this as there are no levels of
guarantee, nor in any real come back if systems go down, lose data etc.
With a paid for service you can get all of this./>

....Is simply incorrect. I agree with the overall tone that business is
willing to pay for security, reliability etc, but there are no worthwhile
comebacks with regard to pure dial up access from (I believe) 'any' monthly
fee ISP over and above the promise to refund 1 month or 2 of the
subscription fee.

I know from experience that a dead mail server can cost a business a lot
more than £20 quid and that's why virtually every ISP's standard term
s kill off all liability.

Best regards

Tristan Palmer
MD - Corpex

Please respond to uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com