Subject: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #516
From: John Braithwaite
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:07:02 +0100

>I see no sharks. I see a flock of incredibly stupid sheep standing in a
>field
>with a lot of money and unrealistic self belief. These are surrounded by a
>milling pack of blind, starving buffalo who haven't evolved past
>vegetarianism
>and are becoming tragically aware of their own impending extinction.
>
>Sorry

JB says:
I suppose that's a pretty good picture, Tim. After all, many of the
entrepreneurs that have got these startups haven't enough of a clue about
marketing, branding and awareness - they all want the 'Guiness effect'
without realising that Guiness can only produce that 'effect' with years and
years of branding and advertising behind them.

funnily enough, my wife has asthma and she finds that the breathe adverts
actually make her breathing uncomfortable! On another note: let's have a
more interesting discussion - I propose the motion that WAP is dead, long
live i-mode. Any takers?

There are some good marketers out there in new media and I'm sure some good
.com adverts will appear - but when? Also, it's interesting when all .coms
are scrabbling over traditional media campaigns that one company that has
hardly spent a dime on anything but online or magazines is blazing a trail -
Streets online - read here:
http://www.infront.co.uk/corporate/presssolnetvalue.jhtml - credit where
credit is due...

Regarding ADSL - don't you just need to unplug and reverse the cable to get
high upload??! ;-)

John B