Subject: RE: UKNM: NMA Awards 2000
From: Ian Fenn
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:34:45 +0100

Mike

Thanks for the reply.

At 16:33 08/06/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Unfortunately not everyone can get contacted who entered as there are over
>500 entries to deal with.

I don't think that's fair. Chopstix receives almost a thousand emails a
month and each sender receives a personal reply with no money having
exchanged hands. At the very least, NMA could set up an email list of those
who have submitted entries and email out the results following the
ceremony. That would be a big improvement on the current situation where I
sent of a cheque for £76.38 and received nothing in response - not even an
acknowledgement that the payment had been received. £76.38 may be a drop in
the ocean to some web sites, but it's just under a half of my site's
monthly hosting fee - or just under half the cost of a subscription to New
Media Age. At the moment I feel like I simply made a costly donation to the
NMA coffers.

>The charge mainly goes on administering the
>incoming entries and organising the event.

If the application fee covers the event then surely we should be involved
in the event. This was certainly my impression, given that the entry form
for the competition was headed "Dinner booking form".

>However, anyone on the list who hasn't already been contacted, can email me
>if they want an NMA Awards logo for their site - assuming of course they
>were were a winner, highly commended or commended.

But how do you know if you fall into one of those categories, if you've had
no contact from NMA in relation to the event?

All the best,

--
Ian Fenn
Director, Chopstix Media Limited