Subject: RE: UKNM: PSI & Cisco Systems
From: David Simpson
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:02:31 +0100

Fiona

Yeah that's true I guess though how many CEO's do you know who ever look out
of the hospitality box window ?

I think it's got more to do with building awareness amongst end users right
across the board (rather than boardroom), by advertising straight to their
customers' target market Cisco are cementing their (dominant) position.
They need to be seen by end users as indispensable, to avoid being sidelined
by the ISP (or whoever) for a cheaper supplier in due course.

Same idea is used by Intel to great effect - do Tiny/Gateway/Time etc. etc.
really want to use Intel chips???? Doubt it really but it's gonna help them
shift more units because Intel adds to the package - Intel have built brand
awareness amongst end users and are now reaping the rewards.

David
David Simpson
Pool.Net

[suggestions for dead clever signature please - I feel left out :( ]

[Sam says: msg chopped...]