Subject: RE: UKNM: Indexfinger
From: Robert Hamilton
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 17:05:41 +0100

On 24 April 1998 16:04, Jeraint Hazan [SMTP:jeraintatolp [dot] co [dot] uk] wrote:

Now that the dust has settled somewhat, I feel compelled to respond to
at least some of the nonsense that's been going down.

> My view is that we are talking Grand National here. Success will not
> necessarily come from the flashy looking horse with the great haircut but
> from the ones that stay in the race the longest! That's our plan, anyway!

Well, I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to be flattered that indexfinger might
be considered a flashy looking horse, or even that it had a great haircut.

For the record, I fully intend to stay 'in the race'. I can assure anyone who's
remotely interested that once I find a suitable new horse I will endow it
with both a great haircut and a damn good chance of staying the distance.

Style and substance are not mutually exclusive. Perhaps Jeraint's relationship
with New Labour has led him to believe otherwise.
> ps Couple of available posts coming up at OLP for a Production Director
> (seriously good applicants only!) and a Senior Designer (steeped in Web).
> Call me if interested/out of work.

I don't think I'll dignify that statement with a response.

See y'all around,

Robert Hamilton